Tuesday, March 6, 2012

 
Labels: birthday card, balloons, cuttlebug

Inspiration from CardMaker Magazine

These cards were made using a card on page 74-75 of the January 2011 CardMaker Magazine.
Instructions...
**Card front--4 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches
**Brown paper (1)--4 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches embossed with Cuttlebug Heritage folder
**Solid paper (3) 3 6/8 inches x 1 1/4 inches
**Patterned paper (Heidi Grace) (3) cut at 3 1/4 inches x 1 1/8 inches
**"Butterfly" (1) from Cricut Cartridge "Sentimentals" cut at 2 inches
**Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart (3-glued together to form 3D image)
**Narrow purple ribbon
**"Happy Birthday" sentiments are rub-ons
**Gelly Roll Metallic Pen used to outline butterfly and sentiment
**5 tiny "pearls"

Directions...
1.  Adhere brown embossed paper to card front
2.  Wrap ribbon around card front in 3 places and tie on left side of card front
3.  Layer paper strips and adhere to right side of card front
4.  Glue 3-D Martha Stewart Butterfly to large butterfly.
5.  Adhere comleted butterfly to top section of the card front
6.  Glue sentiment to lower section of card front
7.  Add 5 tiny "pearls" to butterfly body

I used the "Easel" style card to display the card front.

Labels: birthday card, butterfly card, sentimentals, cuttlebug
I cut some blue and embossed it. I actually cut it wrong (my brain was in 4x6 mode) so I improvised and cut that in half and made it work! I added the whale, some stickles, and wrote my own sentiment since I didn’t have a “Get Whale Soon” stamp! I think My Pink Stamper may have some similar in her "Punny” series, so I may have to check those out!


Here is what I ended up with:


get whale soon
 
Labels: create a critter, get well card, whale, cuttlebug

Easter


I love spring time (not as much as fall). Here is a 3 x 3 with a little texture layer and a pretty flower.
 
Labels: flower, cuttlebug, bakers twine

Spring


I really LOVE Autumn, but I do enjoy spring. I wanted to make a spring card to celebrate the sun. 
Labels: butterfly card, scallop edge, cuttlebug

Hello


Hello is there anyone out there??? Have a creative day
 
Labels: hello, digital stamp, bakers twine

Baby Shower



We had a baby shower last week and I made the card the shower. It is a simple gate fold card with designer paper. The baby onesie was cut from the new arrival cartridge.
Enjoy! 
Labels: baby card, new arrival, gate fold card

Get Well Soon


Good morning Crafter!!! Can you believe this is the last week of March? Where did the time go? I used Life's party to make a 5 in. card and added a 4 1/8 in circle to the front. I did emboss the white layer of the card and inked the details. Lastly I added ribbon to the card. Enjoy!
Labels: shape card, scallop edge, cuttlebug, lifes party

Sailboat


I have several celebrations all going on this Friday. One of the celebrations is a baby shower. I love making baby girl cards however she is have a boy. This card is 6x6. So I went back to my old cartridge, New Arrivals. I also used Accent Essentials for the scallops and Create a Critter for the clouds. I used my gypsy cut everything. I truly love how this card turned out. Now my focus is on a retirement card. Check back tomorrow. Enjoy!
Labels: sail boat, new arrival, create a critter, accent essentials, baby card
Labels: baby card, new arrival


Just a quick post because it has been a very busy day. Over at the PTI anniversary celebrations the challenge today was to make a tag using a frame. I didn't have much time so I made a very simple tag using the layered circle dies to make a frame and came up with this:-


I used My Punny Valentine stamp set and a Nestabilities die along with the PTI layered circle dies, some ribbon and a gem. I tried to make the pie base look like one of those vintage le creuset pie dishes and I think it worked?
Labels: tags, scallop circle, george and basic shapes

Card recipe

Papertrey Ink
Stamps - Piece of Cake, Birthday Basics, Signature Greetings

Card - Aqua mist, Hawaiian Shores and white

Ribbon - Hawaiian Shores

Ink - Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist

Other - Daisy punch, adhesive gem and ribbon punch.

I'd like to enter this card into the challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Thanks for looking in.
 
Labels: birthday card, cake, cuttlebug, flower

Yay! Today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Day and I've been able to play with my PTI stash. The challenge was to use embroidery thread on a project and when I looked through my stamps, the flying trail from Little Lady jumped out at me as begging for a little thread.



click to enlarge


I stamped it in spring rain ink then pierced holes before stitching with matching embroidery floss. I used the butterfly dies to cut two sizes of butterfly and stamped them with two shades of blue ink before stitching around the smaller butterfly, moulding them to get some dimension, and sticking them onto the end of the trail. I used one of the fillable frames dies to create the sentiment tag and then layered up the card and mats. I softly inked all the white areas of card so there wasn't such a stark contrast and stamped a trail of small butterflies to lead the eye through the card. I found some stripey ribbon that had quite a sheen to it and added a few gems for a little more bling. 
Labels: birthday card, butterfly card
I've been making some Easter cards and I'd like to share one that I made with my Cricut machine.



I cut the card base in cream card from the Wildcard cartridge. I love the cut of this pretty card with the unusual folds and delicate edging. I then matted some layers in Hawaiian shores and aqua mist and used a punch to nip out the corners. Next came a basket stamped on cream card from Waltzing Mouse stamps



which I coloured with Copic markers and mounted onto the panel. The cute little chicks came from Just because cards and I cut them at 2 1/4 inches. I flipped one so they could cuddle up to each other, added some eyes with pen and chalked some rosy cheeks on them. The sentiment also came from Waltzing Mouse and I finished the card off with a little white ribbon that I coloured with a Copic marker so it would match the basket.

Thanks for looking in and for all the lovely comments you have been leaving. I really do appreciate them - in fact they make my day.
 
Labels: easter card, wild card, chick, just because cards
I hope you are enjoying the spring weather and getting into the sunshine whilst it is here. Its time for another Make it Monday challenge over at Papertrey ink, and the challenge from Lisa Johnson is to use dies as a mask on a project. I looked through my dies and decided to make a spring butterfly birthday card.



I have two different sized butterflies and I arranged them on some scratch paper and cut them out to create the mask.




I then temporarily adhered the mask to some aqua mist card and sponged ink through the apertures with Hawaiian shores ink. Then I inked up my new Twinkle stamp for the first time and stamped over the butterflies whilst the mask was still in place.



I cut the butterflies again in vellum and passed them through a flower embossing folder that came free with a magazine ( I love it when you get something gorgeous for free). I stamped a trail and then moulded the butterfly wings a little before sticking them over the base image, and added some little gems for the butterfly body. I cut the corners of the panel with a corner punch and then inked the edges with white ink and added a a strip of ribbon. The panel was then layered on to some Hawaiian shores card and placed on the white card base. The sentiments were added to each corner of the card to give some balance and it was then finished of with three little aqua mist buttons.



 
Labels: birthday card, butterfly card, cuttlebug, bakers twine


The bag and tags were cut with Bags, Tags, Boxes and More and the panels and chicks were from Just Because cards.



and here is one with the Easter card I posted some days ago. The colours do not match but they are not meant to go together. I've just discovered that these offerings will fit in the Get Creative April 1st challenge and the ABC DT challenge


 
Labels: easter card, treat bag, chick, just because cards, tags bags boxes
click to enlarge
I used vintage cream card, stamped the stem from Flutterby Friends and then coloured it with Copics. I stamped a little butterfly which is from Penny Black and again coloured it in. I added some glitter to the leaves and the butterfly which you can see if you enlarge the picture.The lower sentiment came from With Sympathy and the higher one was from Round and Round. I really like linking two sentiments in this way. I used a corner punch, then inked the edges of the panel with some soft brown chalk ink
and mounted it and the small sentiment onto dark chocolate card. I wrapped some cream twine around the panel and tied a little knot before adhering it to a fine linen base card with some pop dots. The final touch was to add a couple of pink gems to make a visual triangle with the butterfly. Hope you like it.
 
Labels: sympathy card, bakers twine, butterfly

Just makes you smile doesn't it?! :)
supplies:
Cricut carts-Create a Critter, Country Life
Pattern Paper-Prima
Peachy Keen Stamps-Boy Mates assrt.
twine, cuttlebug, label maker
 
Labels: birthday card, dino card, cuttlebug, create a critter, country life

Celebrate Gift Kit
 
Labels: gift bag, birthday

Heaven Sent

Hey there! It's day 2 of Scrappy Mom's sneaks! I am loving the 'Special Delivery' set so much! It goes perfectly with my new Baby Steps cartridge!
All of the sentiments are so adorable!

Here's today's card..

Have you noticed I've been using those little puffy clouds on my projects lately?? That's because I finally got myself a cloud punch! You all know I love me some clouds, so I am in heaven right now! :)

I've never used grey as my card base before, but I thought it was a good fit with the pattern paper. I also glitterfied (is that a word? lol..) the polka dot moon for a fun touch!
Hope you like it!

Make sure you check out the rest of the DT members blogs to see what they have created with the new stamp set!

Have a great day!

Supplies:
Pattern Paper-MME Stella & Rose
Peachy Keen Stamps-Accessories Assrt One (for the 'hair')
& Just Baby Faces assrt.
cloud punch
Cricut-Baby Steps
Scrappy Mom's-'Special Delivery'
 
Labels: baby card, peachy keen, bakers twine, baby steps
Hi Paper Lovers... Here is my second card using the adorable set Special Delivery! I cant stop making baby cards =)I love these sentiments SO much!!! Once again I used two stamps....Little Boy on the front and I stamped the Cute as a Button on the inside...but forgot to take a pic. I love how you can use these sentiments together. Click HERE to go to the Scrappy Mom's blog and get your stamps! While you are there...check out what the Design Team is coming up with....AMAZING!!! We also have the super talented Julie from Cricut Chick as a Guest Designer!
The BABY head and outfit were cut at 4" from the Everyday Paperdolls cartridge.

The CHARMS were cut at 1.5" from Doodlecharms using the charm feature. They are hanging from some cappuccino TWINE. Did you know you can purchase TWINE from Scrappy Mom's also??? Click HERE to check out all the colors available.

The patterned cardstock is from the DCWV Glitter stack.

The buttons are from Wal-Mart.

The face stamp is from the Peachy Keen Everyday Character Faces set.

You guys wont want to miss Joanna's card....click HERE. It is seriously the cutest baby card I have ever seen!!! I just LOVE it!!! Thanks for stopping by...the next project I made is a purse shape card using the All in the Family set...stay tuned =) 
Labels: baby card, everyday paperdolls, charms, bakers twine, doodlecharms, peachy keen

Stampin' Up! Impressions Folders and Embosslits

Just call me Bruce Springsteen!  I'm the em”BOSS“ing king!  This Mojo Monday I decided to rely on my Impressions folders and Embosslits die to give me the texture I needed sans Designer Series Paper.  Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, and Brass Brads make the card pop!
Mjo133-Thinking of You
 
Stampin' Stuff:
Stamp Sets -
  • Service & Sacrifice (115992)
  • Sincere Salutations (115068)
Ink - 
  • Basic Black Classic Ink (101179)
Paper - 
  • Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
  • Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128)
  • Cameo Coral Card Stock (100475)
  • Kraft Card Stock (102125)
Accessories -
  • Gold Brads (104337)
  • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
  • SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Tools - 
  • Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder (117335 - Occasions Mini)
  • Stampin' Up! Textured Impressions Folder Petals-a-Plenty (116824)
  • Stampin' Up! Flower Burst Embosslits Die (114515)
  • Scallop Circle Punch (109043)
  • Pinking Hearts Border Punch (117649 - Occasions Mini)
Putting It Together Tips:
  • As amazing as this sounds, using the Impressions folders shrinks your paper slightly.  So for the Cameo Coral band, I cut it 1/4” longer than I needed it and then trimmed it to length after I passed it through the Impressions folder.
  • I used the Polka Dots Impressions folder to pull from the three little dots in the center of the Petals-a-plenty flowers.  Many series of three in this card!
  • Sincere Salutations is one of my favorite greetings sets.  It's so elegant and versatile.  I definitely recommend it for your stamping library.  And although Service & Sacrifice tends to be more of an armed forces type set, I have used the “Miles...” Sentiment for many crds including holiday cards.
Labels: cuttlebug, just because card, scallop circle, flower

{Belated Birthday Card}


Here's another card with my cricut and cuttle bug. I used sweet treats to make this one.


Enjoy!Until next time!

 
Labels: birthday card, cupcake, cuttlebug

{Happy Mother's Day}

Cricut Cartridge Walk in my Garden
Hydrangia Cut at 5 inches 
Cardstock SU Green and two shades of lavender
Stamped Green in Certainly celary SU
Enjoy!
Until Next time....
 
Labels: mothers day, wimg, flower














Standard 4.25 x 5.5 Card
Jack in the box cut at 4
Patterned paper layers
 Scenic Route Paper
(2) 4 x 3 & 3 3/4 x 2 3/4
Small strip 4 3/4 x 1 1/2
Orange cardstock piece is
4 x 5.25
Added glitter pen to the hat pom and shirt. Sentiment is pop dotted and tied with a gold cording. Jack is also Pop dotted.
Enjoy! Until Next time....
Off to get ready for the Wedding...
P.S. check out my fellow design team members blogs for their sneeks.
                                                  
Labels: jack in the box, b is for boy

Floral Card

Floral Mother's Day Card
pinkalicious hop entry
Mother's Day Card
Cricut Gypsy Wanderings for Flower cut at 2.5
Scallop Boarder Paper Trey Ink Die
Scallop oval and oval Nestability Die
Patterned paper Stampin Up
Cardstock Stampin Up
Pink Pearls Recollections
Happy Mother's Day Sentiment vintage PSX Stamp 
Have a beautiful day stamp is Amuse

Hope you like it ... stay tuned for a birthday blog hop tomorrow...40 plus blogs to get Birthday Idea's!

 
Labels: mothers day, flower, gypsy wonderings, scallop edge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive